We are pleased to inform that, this month, EMAG together with other partners have started the implementation of the RegSOC project.
The goal of the project is to prepare and initiate a prototype instance of the model Regional Center for Cybersecurity (RegSOC) for public entities, based on the research and development results. The ability of extending the cooperation to private sector will be checked. In cooperation with National Cybersecurity Center, The Center may constitute an element of the multilevel System for Cybersecurity of Republic of Poland. The Project will allow to raise levels of security protection, introduce procedures of reducing probability of unwanted events and raw up methods of lowering of their consequences, by means of tasks planned in the project.
The project will be carried out by the Consortium of following institutions:
- Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (The Leader),
- NASK national research institute,
- Institute of Innovative Technologies EMAG.
The project is planned for 36 months, during which the seven tasks will be carried out
The expected results are as follows:
- (1) Hardware&Software appliance for public entities, able to operate as standalone autonomous device within local administration domain, as well as integrated with RegSOC;
- (2) The cybersecurity monitoring platform for needs of the RegSOC. The platform will be the software and organizational solution (management models and organizational procedures);
- (3) The procedural and organizational model of operation of the regional centers in cooperation with NCCyber, along with the internal software integrating RegSOC with National Cybersecurity Platform (NPC);
- (4) The model RegSOC initiated at the University, with client components deployed at the selected entities interested in the project’s results;
- (5) The project final report pointing out the technical and economic possibilities of broad deployment on national and international markets.
The project is financed by the National Centre for Research and Development (Narodowe Centrum Badań i Rozwoju) as part of the second CyberSecIdent - Cybersecurity and e-Identity competition.